Substance

Substance

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Weekend

I was so excited for my parents to come and be the first ones to test out Hotel L, they arrived late on Wednesday (darn Chicago traffic), but I was excited to see them so I stayed up late and waited. My mother packed for the week anticipating the arrival of the one who remains nameless, much to her dismay and to a little bit of mine baby L decided Thanksgiving best be served without her.

Here's me struggling to get the cranberry sauce out of the can:


Making his debut is D, carving the turkey!


Our little spread:


As you can see it was a very low key celebration, but I loved the elastic waistband theme, of course I ate too much and we watched movies and zoned in and out of consciousness. Really, not a whole heck of a lot to the day. We called our family in Wisconsin to catch up and say hello, but it was nice to just have a quiet holiday as I was not hiding the turkey under my shirt, but instead carrying the baby. I look at that picture and would like you to know, it really is as uncomfortable as it looks, but still wouldn't change it for the world.

If she wants to spend all her time in there, then she'll spend it all in there, I can protect her, have her and hold her 24/7 as I have the past 10 months. Shortly after that though baby, you gotta start paying the rent! Throughout my pregnancy I thought I would have her early, I was wrong and that's okay. Knowing I'll be giving birth to a full term, healthy baby is worth it. I look forward to reading all your Turkey day celebrations!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend! Can we get some pictures of your nursery?! :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elastic waistband theme too! Your Thanksgiving looks great--sometimes you just need downtime with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great! Sounds like it was a nice quiet holiday - which is always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely little holiday! Love the fuchsia pjs that you're rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the outfits and theme! I WISH that was ours. Maybe next year! And you look totally adorbs, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete