Substance

Substance

Monday, November 8, 2010

RMHC Event

Hello dear readers! Wow, what a weekend, I have so many posts and not so many pictures. Now that I am nearing the final stretch, my temp job has had someone fill in for me on the days I have my doctor's appointments. I only have two more weeks left of work, but was a bit bummed at losing the three days of pay, but the time off so far has not been boring!

This past Friday was the first of my days off. I met D on Thursday night after work at K & G Superstore (they are having a fantastic sale on men's suits), we left my car there and went to dinner before returning home for the evening. Friday morning, we drove to get my car, we switched cars for the day because my CD player is broke (and I missed my music) and his is automatic. Don't get me wrong I still love my manual transmission, but sometimes it's a nice break especially because I had so many errands to run.

I went back to the house, did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and ate some breakfast and headed to the doc. Everything was good and no changes except in the size of my belly! Baby's heartbeat was 150. I planned on going to the post office, but realized once I left the house, I didn't get directions to the Aveda Institute where I was going so I used the extra time to find it. I was getting my hair and makeup done for the Ronald McDonald House Charity event at the beautiful Roof Top Ballroom downtown!



The place was beautiful! The event was great, they had a silent auction, fabulous food and (I heard) the wine was great! There were a few heartbreaking stories and of course I was the pregnant lady sobbing all through the stories. One of the most touching was of a family who had a little girl and she lived only 3 1/2 weeks. The family thanked RMH for "a lifetime of memories in 3 1/2 weeks," it was very touching and pulled at every one's heart strings.

It was a beautiful evening for a great event, we were both exhausted and headed home. We had a big weekend ahead of us: birthing class and cleaning! I'll save that for my next blog post, I would hate to overwhelm you on a Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You were there?! So was I! Sad we missed each other. It was a very nice event :) I am on their Young Professionals Board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go to the Rooftop Ballroom! And I was going to ask if you saw Windi!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the event :) Can't wait for more recaps!

    ReplyDelete