Substance

Substance

Friday, October 29, 2010

Cause it's almost THRILLER, thriller night...


Source

That girl you saw on your way to work at 7:30am blasting Michael Jackson's Thriller and doing the dance complete with shoulder shimmy while seated in her car... Yup, that was me! I didn't really get BIG into Halloween after I was too old to trick or treat, but after I turned 21 and could go to the bars and party then I would dress up and I tried not to be too skanky. I reused my female Where's Waldo outfit quite a few times and my roller derby skating costume too, we'd always go to different parties/bars so only my besties would see me in the same outfit.

I asked D if he wanted to go out for Halloween, out to the bars and everything since this will be our first/last Halloween without kids for... 18 years or so, but he had no interest. I'll most likely be sleeping by 10:00 anyway Saturday night. BTW, I say first/last because we met November 19th, so this is our first Halloween together and also our last without kids, because indeed we are having a baby. That's my logic readers, I'm polish, OK!

I'm excited as I am now a home dweller and we have lots of kids in the neighborhood so I get my very first trick or treat being responsible for purchasing and handing out candy. Again, did this at my parents house, but they bought the candy. My apartment was locked and I didn't get any kids. It will be fun checking out all the costumes and melting when I see the cute babies.

We briefly discussed having D dress up as a scarecrow, putting up a sign that says "Please take one" and scaring the crap out of the greedy kids that take more. I don't know if that will come to fruition this year or not. We like to wait till the last minute to decide things, more him than me, but none the less, we procrastinate. We haven't even gotten pumpkins to carve or put out for decorations!

What are you Halloween plans?

2 comments:

  1. No wait... that girl this morning was ME!! haha. Seriously, I was totally jamming to Thriller this morning too. :)

    I'm at work today rocking a Cruella De Ville costume (my pup is with me rocking her Dalmation costume) and then I'm heading out of town for a wedding, followed by a Halloween party Saturday night. Fun, fun!

    Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to dress up and sit out like that. YEP he was that guy! I love it!!!

    And we are doing NOTHING for Halloween... whoops!

    B promises he'll be more into it when we have kids... we shall see!

    ReplyDelete