Substance

Substance

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

It's a gorgeous fall day here in Indy and the title is from a song I've long forgotten, but it's the truth... (Bonus points to those who know the song) I heard the song playing on my walk around the circle at a cafe that I've never eaten at. I have nearly 7 more weeks until I meet my baby girl and couldn't feel more happy at this moment.

D surprised me last Saturday and straightened out the nursery and my Hercules moved the crib all by himself into the room! Baby steps, right? I know it will get done, it better this weekend! I'm starting to let go of the worry, D tells me I need to stop worrying all the time. What can I say? I get it from my momma...

But I digress, when we disagree I get worked up and dismissive, I mean I nearly have "everything" I've ever wanted and yet I still complain. This relationship stuff is new to me and when crap gets difficult, all I can say is "I'm done, I'm going back to Wisconsin." It's not fair to D, he works too hard for us, his family, and for me to get crappy like that. He helps me see that and has patience to work through this and talk it out, I am a lucky lady.

Being in a relationship after 5+ years of being single, difficult. Being in a relationship after being single for 5+ years, moving to another state AND going through pregnancy, priceless.

One day we'll look back laughing...

How has life been good to you so far?

5 comments:

  1. We've been enjoying the beautiful weather lately, I don't want it to end!

    Thanks of entering the Shopbop giveawy, they have an awesome selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit that I had to google the song and I LOVE THAT SONG!!

    Life has given me the chance to find something I really want and love to do (career-wise) and luckily my husband is 100% supportive of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we've all hit that point where we want to say, "that's it, I'm out" Don't beat yourself up over it. I do agree, your situation is priceless! I'm glad I found your blog, can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I think it's easy for everyone to say they're throwing in the towel every once in awhile, but it's what makes us stay and stick around that make us stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll look back and laugh! With your beautiful daughter!

    And yea I used to throw that out too until I realized it was pointless to threaten it (well, NJ, not WI) because it only made it worse on his part (angrier, or sadder, etc.) Glad you are realizing that too!

    ReplyDelete