Substance

Substance

Friday, August 13, 2010

Someday my Prince will come

I tried this time, I really did. I took time to edit my profile, Jen-nie took a GREAT photo of me, I picked catchy headlines and updated frequently. I spent lots of time on there, during work (I didn't have Internet at my apartment) and when I would go to my parents house. I was going to make this work. I did the new contacts and if after my six months was up I did not find him, I would get six more months and by then I would for sure find him! It's the guarantee, "find a match or it's free."

A few emails here and there, but they were too short, not attractive, too desperate, or too weird or divulged way too much information... breathe, you have time I reminded myself. I was 26, I hadn't been in a serious relationship since I was 20. I never lived with a man, I never shared with a man, I didn't have much time. My friends were getting married, they were moving in, they had babies already. The girls in the bars were getting younger and here I was getting older, thicker and drunker. It's okay, I assured myself it's fine. I'm special, I'm different someone will appreciate that. Don't worry.

And then it came, another email from a guy without a photo... What is with that? Don't they understand attraction is part of dating? I'm not the prettiest thing in the world, but I would like to see what I am getting. Smoking, he likes that I smoke... wonderful sounds like the man of my dreams (I was trying to quit at the time, hoping I would meet a non smoker). Did he even read my profile? He does want to settle down though, I'll respond to his email. Maybe he's new...

A couple days after that we're online at the same time, he messages me asks me how this online dating thing works. I go with the tried and true meet for a beer and darts and go from there. Worse comes to worse we have a beer and a game of darts, if things go well, we have another beer or go somewhere else. I told him he should get a picture up though, pictures are important in online dating, his response: "My mom says I'm handsome!" Shortly after he emails me to inform me got a picture up and I did agree with his mom, he was handsome!

2 comments:

  1. LOL isn't that a great story!!! I can't wait to hear more. AND PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to add pics girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I love this part: "...here I was getting older, thicker, and drunker." You're cute :) And I agree w/ Kelly...pics please! At least of your cute baby bump!

    ReplyDelete