Substance

Substance

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My lightbulb moment!

As my friend Amy would say, "We interrupt this blog..." I was a doink this weekend, crazy, deranged, I need to stop freaking out.

As previously mentioned my last romantic relationship ended when I was 20 years old. I am now 27. Yes, I have dated, but nothing serious as I would not let my heart get broken again. This past Saturday morning, I learned my lesson.

D broke his phone, we are waiting for the new one. D went out with some work buddies after work, I told D to call me for a ride and I would gladly pick him up later in the evening. I spent my Friday evening doing laundry and catching up on Days of Our Lives.

10:00pm - Called D's friend B to remind them to call me when they needed a ride and to say "hi." B was already on his way home, D stayed out

11:30pm - I went upstairs to bed, turned up my phone volume and put the phone next to me

2:15am - Woke up to use the bathroom, no D, no missed call

4:45am - Woke up to use the bathroom again (pregnant ladies pee A LOT), still no D, still no phone call

5:00am - Left the bedroom headed to the office (soon to be baby room), checked twitter and email, wait it out

5:30am - Went back into the bedroom, turned on TV to watch the news to see if there were any accidents last night

6:00am - Getting worried and scared about D's whereabouts

6:30am - Began sobbing, planning my "I'm leaving" speech and how irresponsible he is considering he's going to be a father... if he's still alive

7:00am - Still sobbing, worried now that something horrible happened to D, I text B to inform him D did not come home or call last night and if he could 'please help me'

7:30am - No response from B, back to angry, can't believe he would/could do this to me, I'm hungry now so I go downstairs to make myself a bowl of Cheerios to find...

D lying on the couch, Doritos all over. One sock half off, jeans on the floor and head supported by many couch pillows. Woke him up - one of his co-workers drove him home around midnight, he fell asleep on the couch, stairs were too much work for him.

I need to relax.

4 comments:

  1. I was getting so angry with you while reading this post! LOL Then I couldn't help but laugh because I've done things so similar... did you not have the BIGGEST feeling of relief!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just felt silly, here I was upstairs and he was downstairs the whole time. I got myself all worked up over nothing! I couldn't even be mad at him, just at myself for being such a goof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the same thing before- freaking out calling and calling only to find out his phone died, NOT him, etc.

    AND YOU ARE SO FLIPPIN' ADORABLE AND SASSY, Pregnant Lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you rockin' that tankini w/ your baby bump!! Adorable :)

    That would have freaked me out too, hormones or no hormones. I'm glad he's ok, though!

    ReplyDelete