Substance

Substance

Friday, August 20, 2010

The First Month

The next month was spent going out, hanging out and getting to know each other. He came to my apartment first, I was so proud, it was my little tiny apartment, but it was mine. I introduced him to my cockatiel "Bird."



He invited me to his house in Genesee, a huge, gorgeous home with a lot of land, he was so proud showing me. I felt small and silly that I was so proud of my apartment and he had this large, terrific, beautiful home. He never said anything bad about my place though. He would come over often as I would go over to his place. My first visit I brought beer and cookies, lucky for me cookies were his weakness! He loved cookies as much as I loved cookies.

Our first time staying in we watched the Packer game at his place, it was then that he noticed what I wanted, what I really, really wanted and as simple as it was I had to go through so much to get it... it was love. I couldn't help myself but call him "love" before we said "I love you." He didn't stop me, or freak out, or back out, he didn't mention it. It was as if I had called him "dear" or "darling" or "baby."

While out at breakfast one morning he mentioned to me that he had signed up for a management trainee program at work. Wonderful I thought, he wants to be successful and do good things. He continued to explain that this may involve possible relocation, "awesome" I said trying mostly to convince myself. He saw right through me and told me I "looked like someone just told me they ran over my puppy." He asked if I would move should things work out with us and I told him of course, I'd be up for it! There was no guarantee, no time frame and no opportunity at that moment just a possibility.

As he opened the car door for me, we both were entrenched in a passionate, romantic kiss when we were interrupted by a woman with a young child trying to get into her car parked next to his. "You aren't married are you?" she asked. "No" we responded. "That ends when you're married" she told us.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that you had such a great respectful relationship right from the start. And your cockatiel is so cute!

    ReplyDelete