Substance

Substance

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hi, I'm Jenell, you must be...


I walked into the bar slightly after said meeting time, there he was, sitting at a table near the bar, not what I had imagined from the picture. Brown jacket, check. Brown shoes, check. Okay, suck it up you told him one drink, that's all.

"Hi," I put my hand out, "I'm Jenell" flashing my nice to meet you smile. Getting a weird look from this guy, uh-oh do I have something in my teeth? I told him I cut my hair and didn't get a chance to put a new picture up, it did look good. "Hi." he responded. "Umm, are you D?" "No, I'm Todd..." "Oh, sorry, I was supposed to meet someone and he said he was wearing brown shoes and jacket and... well nice to meet you." Fail.

I sat down at the bar making sure there was a seat for D when he arrived, on the right was an older woman, we shared a good laugh at my mistake and began to share small talk. I was waiting for the bartender so I could order my drink when he arrived.

Immediately I was nervous, I don't get nervous, he saw I was nervous kept bringing it up. No, wait, I'm strong, I am woman hear me roar, see that I'm independent, see that about me. He bought me a drink and sat down. He told me to relax, to not be so fidgety. What was going on with me?

He was attractive. Tall, (score!) being 5'9", I liked that. He looked strong, he looked put together, he was handsome, not intensely handsome and if he knew it, he certainly didn't show it. He let me do all the talking, I talk a lot when I'm nervous, couldn't even stay on one subject, I wanted to tell him everything and nothing all at the same time. He was safe, he was kind, he told me I needed a shot.

We had a blast the rest of the night, I calmed down, we played darts, we went to other bars, we danced, he dropped me off safely at my apartment (too many shots for me) sans kiss. I called him that morning and told him "we both had too much fun last night!" He agreed.

3 comments:

  1. Cuuuute!! I love this story so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahhh I really wish I could read this more then a snippet a day. It's like I know the ending (obviously) but I still want to see how the story goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA I love how you approached the wrong guy! :) And how you stayed out WAY LONGER than you were supposed to!

    Our first date was the same... going to be a drink or two and ended up with me drunkenly grinding on him and making out in front of his friends, and sleeping on top of his sheets because I was too drunk to drive home.

    ReplyDelete