Substance

Substance

Monday, August 16, 2010

I was tired

So the smoker guy's picture was handsome and he had personality. Normally I don't give out my phone number, not until AFTER I met the guy, but it was easier for both of us (namely me due to my inaccessibility to the internet). We had planned to meet on a Thursday 8:00pm at a local tavern near my house, he lived a 1/2 hour away, but worked near my apartment. I was exhausted from work and made the mistake of coming home and laying on the couch... At 6:30 I called him and told him I was tired and wanted to reschedule.

I had a long day, I wasn't feeling up to getting all dolled up and putting on a big smile, I liked my couch and what was I thinking when I scheduled us to meet? I told him I felt bad, but it wouldn't work and next week might be better. Grey's Anatomy was on. It was easier to stay on my couch, to dream about laying there with a man, making dinner together, cuddling up and watching Grey's and Private Practice. Besides, what if this was like all the other boring no chemistry dates I had gone on?

He was already out, in the area, he could meet me earlier, I told him fine. I would meet him at 7:00, but what he saw was what he got and I wouldn't be staying out long, one drink then I was heading back. I even used the line "even if you're the man of my dreams..." Cheesy! No makeup, not doing my hair, not getting all dolled up. He was shocked that I wouldn't even be wearing mascara. I did put mascara on, my favorite scent at the time, my express jeans, yellow top with pink jacket, tennis shoes and out the door I went!

He told me he was wearing a brown jacket and brown shoes. I told him I was wearing a yellow shirt.

1 comment:

  1. I love how suspenseful you are hahaha... I seriously keep waiting for more posts to this story! LOL

    ReplyDelete