Substance

Substance

Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 Year in review

My bloggy friend posted this and I thought, that's a great idea, so I stole it and called her my friend. Christine does live in Indy and I've been meeting some pretty cool peeps through twitter and blogs, so adding one more to the list would be AWESOME! Anywho, on with the survey! I broke it up so it wasn't a novel. So for the first part-

1) What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Felt honest to goodness unconditional love, understood what it meant to really be a mother. Everyone can tell you, but until you experience it yourself you have NO idea. I watched the little grow and have personality!

2) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't really do resolutions, wanted to be a good mother and make good choices for our family, but didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Pretty much EVERYONE, there was an explosion of babies this year. I like to think I started this trend, babies are the new black.

4) Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, in January, it was early and a shock. My BFF's mom, God wanted his angel back.

5) What countries did you visit?
Mexico and Las Vegas (I count LV as a country because it's unlike anything I had ever seen before).

6) What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A life in Indy, not just being here, but actually living here. I'm physically here, but mentally in WI, I am working on that

7) What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 7, that was the day we got the phone call about Erin and stupid cancer and Labor Day for reasons I will not discuss on the blog. December 1 and 2 for my girl's first birthday.

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
BF'ing my girl for 10 months!

9) What was your biggest failure?
Not making Indy my home and being immature when it came to my relationship with D, threatening to go back to WI often when we would argue. And my blog, but I'm working on that.

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
"The doctor said most of my injuries are emotional."

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You're pretty cool yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only had to log in THREE TIMES to publish that comment.. lol

    ReplyDelete