Substance

Substance

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sleeping Gracie

So my daughter has been pretty cool as far as sleeping goes. Almost right out of the gate she was sleeping 5-6 hours, we'd put her to bed around midnight and she'd sleep until five or six the next morning. Again, one of the bazillion reasons we are so blessed to have her in our lives. She has gotten more expressive, more aware in her daily activities this has also been apparent in her sleeping activities.

Grace smiles in her sleep and sucks her lips - she's amazing to watch even when she's sleeping, she really is, I'm not just saying that cause she's my baby. :) She also cries in her sleep, you can see her lip getting sad and then she'll let out a loud wail. I'll comfort her, pick her up, try to wake her so she knows not to be scared, but she's sleeping - she'll just snuggle in and continue to get her rest. Her dad talks in his sleep so I don't know if she gets this from him or it's something all babies do since it's my first one.

Sunday night, all of us tucked in bed, Grace let out a huge wail. You know when kids are older and they let out the silent cry and you just want the kid to breath? Grace did the loud cry, but was not breathing back in. It was such a long wail I was starting urging her to breath! I brought her in bed with us until she calmed down and went back to sleep. When we woke up in the morning I saw this:


This mom should pay more attention when her babe cries as well as how quick baby's nails grow!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious babe!!!!!! And I STILL do that to myself, don't feel so bad Grace!

    ReplyDelete