Substance

Substance

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grace's Nursery

You have asked about the nursery and I have put it off for good reason, we're renting and would like to buy a home once the lease is up. So much time and effort is put into it and instead of using my energy to prepare a room for Grace she wouldn't use for a few months and then use only a few months after that, instead I directed my energy into a making our house a home. D lived here a few months by himself before I came and although he has an eye for decorating, we needed to add nick nacks and pictures to make this space ours.

Here's what the nursery looks like, it still looks like this today, but missing some outfits, washcloths and blankets.


Here's what's in the crib, a lot of baby stuff. We decided against a bedding set because even though they look pretty they are costly and used only for decoration (baby can't sleep with things in the crib).


Also, we don't have a dresser for Grace, instead, here's where I put her clothes. They are all out in the open and it works because she's growing out of her newborn stuff and in a couple months she'll be growing out of her 0-3 months clothes.


This is a picture I will be so glad to hang in her room, it was a gift and the perfect touch when she gets her own room!


It was difficult to get a good shot of the closet, but this is organized too. We got some clothes for when she's older and I don't want to forget about them, we have her diapers and wipes in there too along with some toys for when she gets a little older.


Grace sleeps in our room for now, she's so small. I think she's much more comfortable knowing mommy is just an arms length away instead of in a whole 'nother room.


Anyway, I don't think she minds.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE!!!! I think nurseries are cute but kind of unnecessary for babies, just fun for parents. This is perfect- it suits Grace AND you! She's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete