Substance

Substance

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The good, the bad, the ugly.


A quick Saturday night update for you all! Hi! It's been so long. This picture was taken by the wonderful Kelly, go visit her page and tell her she needs to post some more recipes (she makes some killer food yo). I've been busy, some good, some bad, some ugly.

The good is we bought a house, well D bought a house. Although I am far from a domestic goddess, it's nice making my own here in Indy, previously we rented a house. It wasn't ours, we didn't paint it or really make it ours. We haven't painted here either, but it's on the list. This house all beige, everything is beige...

Grace is doing great, I went back to work (lov-ing it) and now she's in daycare, THIS time we decided on going to an actual facility. I couldn't bring myself to do another home daycare, it's more than we would like to spend, but G has so much fun and learning a ton. Between working 40+ hours a week and trying to make our house a home, I feel like she's growing up right before my eyes. That movie with the remote control? That's what I feel like except I didn't push any buttons or even really want my life to go faster.

My work is great, very busy so the days fly by and a challenge I enjoy. PLUS, I get adult time and adult conversation. Don't get my wrong, I loved being home with my chick, but it was time to go back.

The bad, well... I don't really want to talk about the bad, now it doesn't seem so bad, but it's also Sunday afternoon. Beautiful day in Indy and as I type this I am sitting out on my mother's day gift (a conversation set) for our screened in PORCH!

I love that we have this porch. It's fabulous.

The ugly, well like I said before Grace is growing leaps and bounds, she's also becoming a bit opinionated and she knows what she wants when she wants it. This makes for the temper tantrums. Sometimes it's a scream (like a loud scream), sometimes it's a I'm just going to fling myself on the floor. She'll sit down first and stay limp when you try to get her to stand, but if it's a really big deal to her, after she sits she will arch her back and hopefully fling her head to the ground.

As a mother, you have to be 2 steps ahead always, if I know it will pry be the flinging her head to the ground temper tantrum, you have to make sure there is nothing there for her to hit her head on in the process (i.e. a table or toy or both).

She keeps me busy, this weekend though I think I found something to keep her entertained at least long enough to get dinner made: we bought a little tikes kitchen set and yesterday, I gave her a bucket of soapy water and told her it was time to wash all her dishes. She loved it, she was soaked, she drank some soapy water, but she had a blast.

And that my friends is what makes it good, all good, no matter what. My girl getting to play and experiment in her own little kitchen. I'm so happy she'll be 1 1/2 next month, this will be my best summer by far!

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture!! (Sidenote: I'm taking another photography workshop this week so hopefully I'll learn my camera a little better.)

    I feel like us, as moms, have to continue to figure out what distracts/entertains them so we can stay domestic. I love all the ideas you have; I can use them for Cam when he gets her age. ;0)

    ReplyDelete