Substance

Substance

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Almost 11 months later..

Oh my girl, my baby, the one that was my belly (I just wrote is and corrected it), the one that we just finished getting your shower gifts organized. Yeah, that one.

This is her now, well, actually it was her yesterday and tomorrow she'll be a teenager stomping her feet and rolling her eyes at me as I jam out to "Imma Be."

Treasure your first year everyone tells you and I did, I really soaked it up. I had my moments and since she became mobile and walking - I have them more often, but I enjoyed it. I miss her dinasour noises those first few weeks we brought her home. I miss her screaming her head off for no apparent reason months 2-3. I miss her learning to sit and wobbling around during tummy time, trying so hard to hold up her big noggin. Then she became a person, my girl, with so much personality. So silly.

She cuddled up next to me this afternoon before our nap, sat next to me while we watched Judge Mathis (stay classy) and I stroked her hair and kissed her head (which still has it's own version of cradle cap on it) all the while knowing this moment could be cut short on her terms now. She has no idea how much I ache for her to be my snuggly girl, how after she's asleep I'll hold her for a half hour or more just because that's what we did for so many months as we learned eachothers features. One day, sooner than I hope, I won't be able to hold her in my arms anymore.

I love her so much it's unbelieveable, but as much as I soaked it, I'm still wishing I could have had one more day...

No comments:

Post a Comment