Substance

Substance

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Family

I was chatting with my fellow Canadian mother, who, like me is also in a relationship with her "baby daddy." We don't want a big wedding, our wedding day will not be the most important day of our life, the day we met our daughters was. A wedding will never ever come thisclose to the moment in my life when I first held and locked eyes with the beautiful child we had created. With that said, I still want to be married dammit.

I went to my boyfriend's office today(dropping off gym clothes for him and bringing him lunch), when I arrived he was finishing up a conversation on the phone and he told the person on the other end, "yeah I gotta go my wife and kid just showed up with lunch." I replied how I always do "I am not you wife." It bothers me, yes I am "like" his wife, but not really. It's not about the ring or the piece of paper(although that's nice to have), it's the vows, the promise to forever and always love...

Silly, I know.

3 comments:

  1. It's not silly - it's how you feel! "Like a wife" and a "wife" are not the same. One is not better than the other, but it's a title that comes with those vows that you mentioned, and I don't blame you one bit for wanting those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not silly. It's real. If that's what you want, that's not silly at all.

    ReplyDelete